Ramadan Pita is normally sold in Ramadan Month. As it’s really delicious you may want to bake it in your kitchen. Here is Turkish Homemade Ramadan Pita Recipe.
Turkish Homemade Ramadan Pita
Homemade Ramadan Pita Ingredients
- 1 glass(200 ml) lukewarm water
- 1 glass lukewarm milk
- 1 package instant yeast (10 gr)
- 4 table spoon cooking oil
- 1 tea spoon salt
- 1 table spoon sugar
- 5 glasses flour
- 1 eggyolk
- 1 table spoon milk
- 1 table spoon cooking oil
- Black cumin for sprinkling
Turkish Homemade Ramadan Pita Recipe
- Mix lukewarm water, milk, yeast powder and sugar in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon and cover. Wait the yeast to activate for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and cooking oil.
- Add flour really slowly as mixing and letting it to mix well.
- The trick of Turkish Homemade Ramadan Pita Recipe is the dough. The dough must be really soft and tender.
- When the dough is ready make a big ball of dough and let it rest under a cover for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour split the dough in 2, put it on the baking tray. Wait for another 30 mins.
- Mix 1 egg yolk, milk and cooking oil in a small bowl.
- Spread it on the pita bread with a brush.
- Sprinkle black cumin on top.
- Bake in preheated 200 degrees.
- When it’s done, take it out of the oven and cover with some thin blanket.
- If not consumed the same day, put it in the freezer for later use.
Afiyet olsun 🙂
Spread the taste :)