Turkish Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers can be prepared either with minced meat or as an vegetarian dish. Biber means pepper in Turkish ve Dolma means stuffed peppers or rolled vine leaves. You can prepare Turkish Stuffed Peppers and serve hot or cold. Turkish Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers recipe…
Turkish Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- 3 teaspoons extra Virgil olive oil
- 12 bell peppers (preferably green)
- 200 grams rice
- 3-4 medium onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 teaspoon pine nuts
- 2 teaspoon mint
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
Turkish Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Chop the onion well and sauce until transparent.
- Add garlic, pine nuts, mint, salt, paprika and peppers if preferred. Fry gently for 3-4 mins.
- Add rice and stir a bit.
- Pour 100 ml water.
- Add sugar.
- Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Set aside so that it cools down.
- Now it’s time for stuffing.
- You need to cut the tops of the bell peppers.
- Using a teaspoon stuff the bell peppers.
- When one pepper is full, use tomato pieces as a cover.
- If you don’t cover the top of the pepper, it gets ruined while being cooked.
- Put the Turkish Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers in a saucepan, add 100-200 ml water and boil for 20-30 minutes.
You can serve hot or wait for the a day and serve cold as a meze.
Afiyet olsun 🙂