Turkish Coffee is more than just a hot drink. It has lots of cultural connotation and Turkish Coffee is really important. For sure if you can not make perfect coffee then we may share our perfect Turkish Coffee Recipe with you.
Turkish Coffee Recipe
Before we go through the recipe we must give some details about the ingredients.
You should always use cold water.
You should add 2 spoons of Turkish coffee per person.
You may cook Turkish coffee either with sugar or without.
Neat is without sugar, medium is with 1 tea spoon or 1 cube sugar and sweet is with 2 cubes of sugar or 2 tea spoons of sugar.
You can use bronw sugar while cooking Turkish Coffee recipe but White sugar provides more foam and it’s reaaaaally important 🙂
You should use bottled drink water. Otherwise tap water ruins the taste of Turkish Coffee.
Turkish coffee is made with cupper pots called “cezve”. In every Turkish house you find different sizes of “cezve” but not necessarily made of copper.
Perfect Turkish Coffee Recipe
- First things first. First put sugar and coffee in the pot and then add water.
- The flame must be set as little as possible.
- Put the pot on the stove and stir.
- Then you should stop stirring. In a minute there appears a layer of foam.
- When the foam gets thicker and gets bubbly, take the pot and put some of this foam in Turkish coffee cups.
- Then put the pot on the stove again and watch carefully because Turkish coffee raises really quickly.
- When it’s ready put the coffee in cups halfway.
- Then fill up the other halves of the cups.
Serve with Turkish delight if possible or something sweet and a cup of water.