If you grow up in Turkey you will learn how to make Turkish coffee step by step from your mother or other family members. Probably you wouldn’t find a house in Turkey in which no Turkish coffee was made. It’s really easy when you learn how to make Turkish coffee but you should be careful about some points, for sure.
So let’s go step by step and learn how to make Turkish coffee simpy.
How to make Turkish coffee step by step
Ingredients of Turkish coffee recipe depend on the number of the people you’re cooking for. You will need 2 teaspoons of Turkish coffee per person. You may add sugar as well. In Turkey when you order Turkish coffee, you should tell the waiter about the amount of sugar. Sugar is added while the coffee is boiled hence you’re supposed to specify that.
“Sade kahve” means plain black Turkish coffee
“Az şekerli kahve” means Turkish coffee with little sugar. Probably only half of a sugar cube.
“Orta kahve” means 1 sugar cube per person.
“Şekerli kahve” means 2 sugar cubes per person.
Now that you know how to order Turkish coffee in Turkey, it’s high time you learned how to make it step by step.
To make Turkish coffee you’ll need a small pot with wide bottom called “cezve”. “Cezve” is preferably made of copper.
Turkish coffee recipe steps
- Put one cup of filtered, colt water per person into the pot. You should use the Turkish coffee cup in order to measure water.
- After measuring water put 2 teaspoons of grounded Turkish coffee.
- Add sugar if needed and start stirring the coffee on low heat.
- When the mixture is combined, stop stirring. Let it come to a boil over low-medium heat.
- It will probably take 4-5 minutes for Turkish coffee to boil. When it starts boiling there will appear a darker foam on top. When you see the foam, don’t stir at all.
- At this point you have to options:
- Either you can transfer these foam into Turkish coffee cups and then pour coffee or you can pour Turkish coffee alltogether.
- You should not boil Turkish coffee so much. At most 10 seconds will be enough. Or the foam will disappear.
How to serve Turkish coffee?
It’s a tradition to serve Turkish coffee with a glass of water and some Turkish delight. Turkish coffee can be made with milk as well. We will give Turkish coffee recipe with milk later for sure.
Yeap, this is how to make Turkish coffee step by step.
Afiyet olsun 🙂